While far off the mainstream media radar, a proper magnesium diet is vital to optimum health. I would guess that most of the population has no idea of the health benefits of magnesium. If I wasn't building this web site, I would fall into that group too.
The most telling example of the importance of magnesium is found in a quote included in an article from "Natural News." Because of these facts and others we'll present in this page, I'm hopeful that better focus on a powerful change in strategy will be the result for most of the people reading this page.
Here is that quote. "How essential is it? Magnesium is found in every single cell in the body, with the highest concentrations in the bones and teeth, followed by the brain, heart and blood. It is involved in 300 separate metabolic functions."
You can read the entire page at this link. I would advise that there is a reference to whole grains. While there are certainly advantages, we learned from Dr. David Perlmutter's book "Grain Brain" that even whole grains can have negative effects. We're looking to limit intake in that area.
Just below is a short video that will give an overview of this important topic. Then we'll go over how easy it is to fix.
We'll start off by listing many of the health benefits of magnesium. Then we'll move into certain signs of deficiency in this area and finally provide an easy to follow magnesium diet. Please don't worry about confusion over yet another "specialty diet." This is easy. You'll be able to use information we've already presented about heart and brain health to optimize your crucial magnesium levels.
* Improves performance of gut microbes. Everyday we learn about the role of gut microbes in the synchronized systems in our body.
* Improves functions of muscles and nerves
* Boosts immune system
* Reduces inflammation. Regular readers at books-empower.com already know how dangerous inflammation is to our overall health.
* Helps to prevent osteoporosis by aiding in the absorption of calcium
* A magnesium diet can lower blood pressure
* Fights off toxins in our bodies
* Increases energy levels
* Magnesium has shown an ability to protect against type 2 diabetes
* Lower risks of migraines and insomnia
* Reduces stress and depression symptoms
* Has shown an ability to lower some cancer risks
Studies have shown a remarkable reduction in diabetes risks because of the role magnesium plays in regulating blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. As you scan that list above, you'll see that an effective magnesium diet fits right into our target of improved cardiovascular system health.
So how do you know if you may not be getting enough magnesium in your diet? The next list will offer some insight.
These are some early signs to suggest a powerful magnesium diet could be in order:
* Muscle spasms
* Consistent headaches or migraines
* Overall weakness
As it gets worse, you may experience:
* Abnormal heart beat
* Personality changes
* Coronary spasms
* Tingling or numbness in extremities
But the solution is fairly easy. I won't get into a discussion on supplements in this page. In the next section, we'll present a list that can boost performance, protect every system in your body and greatly enhance your health and well-being. And it's easy to follow.
* Romaine lettuce or other leafy greens
* Dark chocolate
* Seeds and nuts
* Fish high in omega 3, such as wild caught Alaskan salmon or mackerel
* Winter squash
* Herbs such as mustard seed, chives, basil
* Tomato, papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe
* Spinach and broccoli
Do these items sound familiar? They should because all of them are found in the Mediterranean diet. So the proper magnesium diet doesn't really involve learning anything new. You don't have to track any points. There are no packaged meals to buy.
In the left margin under the free online books button you'll find our first book published by the books-empower team. The title is "Amazing Health Benefits of The Mediterranean Diet." As you see from this page, a magnesium diet fits into that description as well.
So the answer is the clear. Cut out processed foods. We lose the essential benefits of magnesium when we eat processed slow death toxins. Make the move to real, organic food.
Your mind will be sharper, your heart will be stronger, your gut microbes will function at a higher level, and you'll be an inspiration to others. You'll be making a positive difference by simply making better food choices.